[oletrucks] Help with 216 Paint

To: mlubitz@texas.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Help with 216 Paint
From: McGillis@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:38:47 EDT
Hirsch has the right stuff in quarts or spray cans.  I had great  results
with both on my 1936 pickup 206 engine.  _http://www.hirschauto.com/_
(http://www.hirschauto.com/)
I used Eastwood "stainless" exhaust manifold paint but would use their  "cast
iron" color next time for a more original look.
Good luck!

Dennis  McGillis
1955  Cameo
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America
949-551-4821
_mcgillis@aol.com_ (mailto:mcgillis@aol.com)
_http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/ocvcca_
(http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/ocvcca)

I am rebuilding/restoring a 216 for my '46 3/4 ton.  Does someone out  there
(Whitney Haist?) have photos of a 216 in place or out so I can get a  good
idea
of what part gets what color?  Does someone know which supply  house has a
rattle can of the correct color?