Re: [oletrucks] Milan, IL Truck show

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Milan, IL Truck show
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 08:57:49 -0500
Pat:
Thanks for the kind words.  I typically get my wife to go to one show a year
and Sunday's couldn't have been better (weather, trucks only and etc.).  We
drove over on the interstate and home on the back roads and 2-lanes, had a
wonderful day albeit a little long (left at 8AM, home at 7PM).  A good
showing of trucks from IL, WI and IA.   I think slightly over 100
registered, I wish we could get some more 'truck-only' shows going in the
midwest (nothing against cars, just an all-truck show is alittle more
unique).

This was my longest trip this year since replacing my front and rear
suspension and the truck ran perfect.  Got 16 MPG which I thought was good
for driving 75 on the interstate and 65 on the 2-lanes.  I think I'm getting
closer to being ready for some long distance cruises late this year and
next.  After all folks, that's what the hobby is all about (building trucks
and then driving them).  It was great to meet some more list members and
talk trucks for the day.

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy Stepside Pickup
Sparland, IL

>   Well, if Bill is going to ring my bell, then I get to ring his. He too,
>left the show with a first place plaque, in his class. In fact, you guys
>will be
>proud of us, we represented Ole Trucks pretty good. We had 5 members there,
>4
>with trucks, and 3 left the show with first place plaques.
>  Bill got first in "pre 48, modified", I got first in "unfinished", and
>Joe
>Murphy got first in "best paint", with his "looks like new, '59 fleetside."
>Carl Ham was also there with his '56, but he was in the toughest class
>there,
>"'55 to '72 modified", and there was a ton of entries in that class. I my
>opinion, Carl got something better than a plaque. Not only was he there in
>his
>beautiful '56, but got his wife to come along and share in his hobby. A
>shinny
>truck, and a wife that will support your interest,,,, "priceless"
>  A good time was had by all. I know Bill took some pictures, maybe he can
>forward some to Wayne to post.
>
>Pat Hollister
58 step