Re: [oletrucks] Horn Wiring

To: Ric McAnulty <ric_mcanulty@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Horn Wiring
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 01:30:33 -0400
The wire you found is attached to a bearing on the steering wheel end of
the column. The bearing supports the steering shaft in the columns jacket.
I scanned a diagram from a catalog and put up on the chevytrucks.org server
so it'll make more sense. The diagram shown is for a 56 steering column but
is basically the same for an AD, I found one for an AD truck but didn't
scan well at all but the supporting bearing with wire attached was the
same.  The scan is at this url...
http://www.chevytrucks.org/temp/steering_gear.jpg
--wayne