RE: [oletrucks] three speed floor shift?

To: "J Forbes" <jforb@mindspring.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] three speed floor shift?
From: "William Schickling" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 07:32:55 -0400
Jim,

I have a 1940 1/2 ton and it has a floor shift 3 speed. I would assume the
same transmission was used up to 1946 as these trucks are very similar to
the 1940. They probably went to column shift in the Advance Design series.

The internals are very similar to the 3 speed up into the fifties. I rebuilt
my 1940 transmission 2 years ago. Almost all internals can be found on eBay.
I have bought a complete second set of every internal piece incase I have to
rebuild the transmission again someday. They are very simple transmissions.
I know bowtie bits sells some close ratio 3 speed gears. You might be able
to ask them if they could be fitted to the truck transmission.

Bill Schickling