Re: [oletrucks] 51-frame measurement

To: wayne@chevytrucks.org, oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 51-frame measurement
From: Cadamsarch@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:13:25 EDT
Hello OleTruckers,

Rather than build in my measuring error, I went to my trusty 1947-1954 Chevy
Truck Factory Assembly Manual, Sect. 2, Sheet 2.00 which has a bunch of
dimensions for the 3100, including:
       Wheel base:  116.00 inches.
       Front edge of frame to rear edge of frame:  173.094 inches.
       Front edge of frame to center line of front wheels/king pin:  20.594
inches.
       Center line of front wheels/king pin to center line of cross member:
74.797 inches. (This would be the cross member below the cab's back edge: the
cross member with the major triangular brace plates at each end to make a
stiff joint between long frame members and cross member.)

I can't find a dimension to the rear most cross member. However, from the
dimensions above, the distance from the center line of the cross member below
the
cab's back edge to the back edge of the frame can be calculated.

Hope this helps.

Culver Adams
1951 Chevy 3100