RE: [oletrucks] Master cylinder push rod

To: <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Master cylinder push rod
From: "William Schickling" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 10:29:56 -0400
Thanks to everyone that replied on the advice on the Master Cylinder push
rod. I ended up buying some 3/8 inch steel rod from the local hardware
store. The old connector used 3/8 - 24 fine thread, so I cut about 2 inches
of new thread on the end of the rod. Figured out the length I needed and
shaped a nice smooth rounded end. I used different grades of sandpaper up to
1000 grit to put a nice polished surface on the end that sits inside the
Master Cylinder.

Works like a charm.

Now how about some advice on bench bleeding the Master Cylinder? The MC I
have has ports on both sides, do I have to bleed both sides or can I just
keep the plugs in and bleed from the side I will use?

Thanks,

Bill Schickling