[oletrucks] Ram Air 350 in 59 Chevy

To: oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [oletrucks] Ram Air 350 in 59 Chevy
From: "K Ohlgren" <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 03:55:34 +0000
well my crate motor arrived from GM last week. I bit the bullet and bought
GM's Ram Air 350
http://www.goautocenter.com/350%20ram%20jet.htm
installed it to make sure everything would match the old 350 installation.
the motor fit but there are 2 plugs that go into the back of the electronic
ignition distributor. I tried to move the motor forwards but ran into oilpan
interference. any one install this motor in a Task Force pickup yet? it
looks like I will need to move the hump in the firewall back about an 1 1/2
inches to get clearance for these plugs.

Kurt
http://bulldogaquaticclub.com/dloads/pu/truck.htm