Re: [oletrucks] Ram Air 350 in 59 Chevy

To: kjohlgren@hotmail.com, oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Ram Air 350 in 59 Chevy
From: Ie61pah@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:20:04 EDT
 I can't say for sure without seeing the truck, but I would opt for changing
the motor mounts, or even making a custom oil pan, before I would even think
about hacking the fire wall. The motor mounts, and or the oil pan won't show as
much as changing the look of the firewall. I have the TCI MII IFS in mine,
and the original crossmember is gone, so I don't have any clearance problems.
The motor sits forward enough that I have about 3-4 inches from the firewall.
You might even look at "notching" the crossmember for clearance for the oil
pan,
to move the engine forward.
 With a good cutting torch and welder, you can make anything fit.

Pat Hollister
'58 step
West Burlington, IA.
http://community.webtv.net/TnJpot/TRUCKFORSALE