[oletrucks] inexpensive Fuel tank

To: oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [oletrucks] inexpensive Fuel tank
From: howwilcox@juno.com
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:23:02 -0400
I have a Chevy pickup that I am building  on a budget.
Cab I used is a 1948 GMC, it has the center shackle cab mount.

The frame & the rest of my truck is 1953 Chevy.
I now need an inexpensive fuel tank.  A seat tank will not work.
 & the custom rear tanks are very costly, also a new replacement
47 to 49 - pick up or panel side tank with new brackets & straps., if I
could even find usable
straps & the needed mounting parts.

 I did think of using a fuel cell
but I not sure if  one would fit correctly & what size to use.

I do not want to remove the rear frame
cross member as I belive this weaken the rear frame area.

Thank you for any help or advise.         Harley.
howwilcox@juno.com