RE: [oletrucks] advice on stering column install in a TF...

To: eds57@charter.net, oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] advice on stering column install in a TF...
From: "K Ohlgren" <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 01:41:56 +0000
Ed
I have an 89 GM van column in my 58 project, photo attached (the list won't
see it). I used the stock 89 mount and a stout homemade bracket to hang it
from the dash support. it's ugly as sin, but I plan to drop the dash 4 in to
cover it and to put AC vents and controls in the drop. Standard u-joints and
a double D shaft hook it to the MustII rack.

Kurt
58 3100 Apache project
59 3800 Panel 4sale
http://bulldogaquaticclub.com/dloads/pu/truck.htm

>From: <eds57@charter.net>
>To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
>Subject: [oletrucks] advice on stering column install in a TF...
>Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 0:17:26 +0000
>
>   I have a '84 Chevy van steering column, tilt, with shift lever display
>for my 700R4(shows D-3-2-1). Need input on attachment to bottom of dash.
>Saw a nice little bracket in Speedway Motors online catalog to mount col.
>to floor. I have CPP power steering kit with Chevy pickup steering box
>mounted forward and on the outside of the frame (plenty of header
>clearance). Just need low cost ideas to mount col. to dash. Saw a col.
>mount from Twin Cities Rod shop in a magazine, fits all GM, bolts to dash,
>for 36.95, raw steel. Wondered what the members here used on their modified
>trucks.
>   Thanks for the help and assistance.........
>
>     Ed in Mich
>     '57 3100

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of
steering2.JPG]