[oletrucks] Fuel pump woes (small block Chevy)

To: "OLE-CHEVY-TRUCKS" <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Fuel pump woes (small block Chevy)
From: "Wayne" <wcraig5@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:18:17 -0600
 I have a 327 small block chevy (about 300hp) in my 53 3100. The fuel pump
installed by the PO was leaking,so I decided to install a new one. I
intstalled a Mallory high performance fuel pump rated at 70 gph at 6-8 psi.
Now when I start up the engine it shudders like crazy, but then smooths out.
When I put it in a foward gear it starts shuddering again and just won't go.
Any body have any ideas, what the problem may be??  Is it possible that the
fuel pump that I installed is to much for my engine??