[oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-importing truck from Canada

To: <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-importing truck from Canada
From: "Sue & Tim Slesak" <foghorn@ev1.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 21:07:17 -0600
I havn't imported a vehicle from Canada, but I have brought many other
things across the border legally.  Before you travel, check with an U.S.
Customes agent preferably at the border crossing that you'll be using.
Follow this link to a Customes sight with a contact list for all U.S. Ports
of Entry.  http://www.customs.ustreas.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/ports/

They can tell you everything that you'll need to know.  There is no duty on
antiques, so if the vehicle you're bringing back can pass as an antique, you
should be all right as long as you have a bill of sale.  I found the
customes agents very helpfull.

Good luck and have fun!  I love road trips.

Regards,
Tim Slesak
Magnolia, TX
41 GMC 3/4 ton