[oletrucks] LEAKING BRAKE LINES

To: "OLETRUCKS" <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [oletrucks] LEAKING BRAKE LINES
From: "C & B Hosang" <hosang@281.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 07:10:52 -0600
Thanks to all that responded to my problem of leaking brake lines.  I learned
a lot.

The problem was caused by the previous owner's attempt to duplicate the
factory installation with NAPA stock size lines.  It appears that he cut them
to fit and did a homemade double flare on the cut end.  It looked good, but
the metal had a slight tear on the second flare part.  that is all it took.  I
used stock size replacement lines and no more leaks.  It doesn't look  as good
but will do until I investigate the double flare thing.  anyway, up and
running for less than $10.  What a deal!

Again, thanks to all.

Charley Hosang