Re: [oletrucks] mmodernizing a 59 pickup

To: <machone@attg.net>, <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] mmodernizing a 59 pickup
From: <eds57@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 1:08:19 +0000
This is the place! Go to the home page, browse amongst the trucks. Pick up 2
magazines: Custom Trucks, and Custom Classic Trucks. Start ordering catalogs
from the ads contained there-in. Get the free ones first, lol. Make a list of
things you want to do and the items involved. And make a list of the things you
HAVE to do, and the ite,s involved. You soon will be paring down the lists
($$$$). Hit family members up for Christmas presents, birthday, Easter,
Columbus Day, whatever. Sell stuff on e**y to finance the new project. I am,
and have purchased a complete wiring kit, and a front disc brake unit for my
truck. Still selling toys to finance my big toy! Hit up friends and neighbors
to see what's in their garages. Swap meets and garage sales, auctions; you'll
be on a first name basis with your local parts man. And make friends with older
mechanics, even retired ones. They can be a wealth of information!
  Some of the above may be funny, but there is a grain of truth to all of them.
Good luck with your truck. To paraphrase the great Red Green: We're here for
ya."

  Ed in Mich
  '57 3100