RE: [oletrucks] mmodernizing a 59 pickup

To: machone@attg.net, oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] mmodernizing a 59 pickup
From: "K Ohlgren" <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 03:36:07 +0000
Donny
your at the right place. these guys do it all; stock to full custom.
depending on your abilities, it can be a piece of cake or your worse
nightmare. take your time, learn what to do, make a plan, tear your truck
apart and then change your plan ten times. just kidding on that last one,
but it might happen. make a realistic budget, these things can get
expensive, there are high price store boughts and junkyard deals to be made.
I'm doing what you mentioned to a 58 3100, same truck with minor trim
changes. check out my website, I think I'm headed for the extreme end, I
have way too many hour just in getting a rolling chassis.
you might want to check the archives, a lot has been discussed in the 2
years I've been on the list.

Kurt
58 3100 Apache project
59 3800 Panel 4sale
http://bulldogaquaticclub.com/dloads/pu/truck.htm

>From: <machone@attg.net>
>To: <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
>Subject: [oletrucks] mmodernizing a 59 pickup
>Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:03:27 -0800
>
>I just started tearing my 59 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup apart.  It has been
>sitting
>in my grammas field for the past 24 years.  I want to modernize it and
>drive
>it to work everyday.  I need information about IFS, installing a crate
>engine
>and OD trans, rear suspension and rear end gears just as a start.  I've
>restored a 68 mustang in the past, but this truck is a whole new world.  Is
>this the right place to get the answers the my questions, and if not where
>can
>I get them?
>Thanks,
>Donny

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee.