Re: [oletrucks] Questions

To: oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Questions
From: Alan Horvath <alan@alanhorvath.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 23:12:47 -0500
It's a great web site, Lee -- http://www.MadElectrical.com -- I wound
up doing a whole new "thing" to the engine area of my truck that made
VERY obvious improvements to my whole electrical set up!  I talked to
Mark Hamilton (the owner of the site linked above) on the phone and he
was very helpful and friendly.

After putting a new rad in my truck, with a 16" electric fan, I was
experiencing horrible power-drops when the fan would kick in.  After
using double relays and rewiring the engine compartment, the fan isn't
even noticible when it kicks in.

Here's what I did:
1 - MadElectrical Improvements:
http://AlanHorvath.com/54chevy/mad_electrical.php

2 - Double Relays on the Fan:
http://AlanHorvath.com/54chevy/mad_electrical_2.php

3 - Headlight Relays:
http://AlanHorvath.com/54chevy/headlight_relays.php

4 - A note about fusible links:
http://AlanHorvath.com/54chevy/fusible_links.php

5 - And a way to turn the dome light when you open your door, on using
a relay:
http://AlanHorvath.com/54chevy/domelight_relay.php

Alan