[oletrucks] re: hidden radio antenna

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [oletrucks] re: hidden radio antenna
From: "michael fiorenza" <fiofam83@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 19:48:32 -0500
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:08:15 -0600
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com<about:blank>>
Subject: [oletrucks] Seeking Advice on Hidden Radio Antennas

Would like any advice list members may have on hidden radio antennas (brand,
make, installation difficulty and etc.).  I'm debating replacing my
fender-mounted single mast antenna with either a hidden antenna or power
antenna mounted in the driver's rear corner where the fuel tank filler used
to be.

Can a hidden antenna be mounted in the back of the cab below the rear
window? (my radio is under the driver's seat).

Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy Stepside Pickup.
Sparland, IL

re: antenna

You can place a standard mast antenna under the seat or up under the dash area
. I have installed many radios in classic cars this way. The only draw back is
that FM reception is fair to good but AM is poor due to the fact AM needs the
antenna grounded to the body of the car to pull in reception. Harada makes a
variety of power antennas that can be made to work in your truck. Crutchfeild
catalog is a good source to purchase one.

Mike Fiorenza
1955 panel