Re: [oletrucks] engine/tranny swap

To: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>, <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] engine/tranny swap
From: <eds57@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 22:52:03 +0000
My '57 TF has a 355 small block Chevy and a 700R4 transmission, both installed
using the "universal" tubular mounts popularly available for each. Bought new
engine mounts (with new rubber insulators) to bolt to the block. These in turn
bolted to the tubular c/member. Purchased a new rubber mount for the tranny
too. Mechanic friend who "supervised" the project couldn't believe how easy it
was.
  Got a '79 (?) Trans Am rear end installed in the truck now, ratio in the mid
3's I'm told. Limited slip too. Front disc brake kit awaiting the spring thaw
so I can work outside on the truck. Plus a complete stem to stern, top to
bottom wiring harness, tilt column with shifter and ignition .....looks like a
full size model car kit. But I digress - tubular mounts are the way to go as
far as I am concerned. New stuff, cost effective (cheaper!) and headers fit
too! Got my stuff from CPP. I ain't had any problems with their stuff so far.

Ed in Mich
'57 3100