Re: [oletrucks] Bed cross sills on 57

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Bed cross sills on 57
From: J Forbes <jforb@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 15:37:31 -0700
> I am finishing up my restoration and putting the bed back on my 57 3100.
> Starting from the cab going backward to the tailgate, where does the cross
>sill
> with the flat ends go, and what purpose does the flat part serve?

This one goes at the third position, just behind the axle.  I think
it's for spring clearance.

> Also, on the first cross sill that sits right behind the cab, does it matter
> which way the holes face that hold the step braces?

to the front

> And last, I'm assumming the pads go between the cross sill and the frame -
> not the cross sill and the wood.

Chevy didn't install pads, but I think the plan is to put them between
the sills and the frame.  The bed will sit up a bit higher than stock.

--
Jim

Visit the Selectric Typewriter Museum!
http://www.selectric.org