Re: [oletrucks] Washer?

To: zigga50@gmail.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Washer?
From: Skyhookroth@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:27:23 EST
In a message dated 2/25/2005 11:18:07 AM Eastern Standard Time,
zigga50@gmail.com writes:

Finally  after 5 days of soaking in PB, a four foot crow bar, and a
slide hammer I  got the darn bearings and seals out! But when the
bearings came out a  washer wich was behind the bearing came out also
but the washer is all bent  up. I hammered it flat but now it wont fit
back into the axle housing and  when I got my new bearings they didnt
come with a new washer. Is this  washer neccesarry? and if so would the
local auto parts store sell them? or  could I get away with grinding
down the outside and inside of the washer to  make it fit?

thanks for all the help

luke

This sounds like a wave washer to give some thrust component over a range  of
axial movement. What service was this in?

Roth
Gettysburg
1950 3600