Re: [oletrucks] Possible Project/Someone Identify?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Possible Project/Someone Identify?
From: Nathan Pralle <tarsi@binhost.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 10:37:39 -0600
> But even if you decide to pass on the reconstruction
> of the two trucks that you shared, you might be able
> to turn them around, make a profit, and get something
> more to your liking.

Ok, so a lot of people have suggested that I be looking for something a
bit farther along in terms of condition and so forth for a first
project.  And in some ways, I can see the point.  Actually, I can see it
in a lot of ways.  I'm sure I could probably find something that is
running AND YET needs a rebuild.  See, my entire premise here is that I
want something that I will be tearing completely down (or most of the
way down) and putting back together, more for the educational value than
anything. But I suppose doing this with something that is already proven
to work would be better than something that probably hasn't run in 20
years.  Also, I guess then I can go and tear things apart as I have time
and still use it in the meantime as opposed to having to wait 5 years to
run it at all.  Wifey would probably like that better, too. ;)

So, that being said, Devin's suggestion above warrants some thinking.
Even if I didn't reconstruct those two trucks, is there still enough of
a calling for the parts thereof to part them out and get the cash to get
something a bit newer as such?  It's a thought.  If nothing else, I'd
learn from disassembling them even if I didn't bother to reassemble them
as such.

Nathan