[oletrucks] Door Locks

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Door Locks
From: "Larry A. Bearfield" <Larry@FernsCountryStore.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 09:28:17 -0500
<<Just yesterday as I was checking to see if the keys fit the other locks on
the truck, I noticed that there is no driver's side door lock.  I have not
removed the door panel yet to see if by chance the lock could have been removed
and the hole patched.  Particularly odd thing is that the passenger's side door
does have a lock.  Can anyone enlighten me what was standard in those years?
Were there several options concerning locks?

Will Nelle>>

A timely question Will! I too, just noticed the other day that I have a blank
on my driver's side and key lock on the passenger side. I thought it was pretty
weird too and figured some replacement stuff was done by the old farmer. But
now you have the same issue so maybe it was standard. I just ordered two new
key buttons from Chevy Duty to replace on both doors. I was assured that they
will fit into the original handles I have. I'm also hoping that it will solve a
problem I'm having with the passenger side... the button works with the door
open, the door closes but will only open with inside handle. Outside button
won't release catch.

Larry Bear
56 Stepside/to be a daily driver verrrry soon!
Carlisle, MA
www.FernsCountryStore.com