[oletrucks] TF Suburban front seat again...new pictures

To: "Early Suburbans" <Old-Burb-club@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] TF Suburban front seat again...new pictures
From: "Mark Noakes" <mark@noakes.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 19:18:53 -0800
As promised, I took detailed pictures of the TF Suburban front seat that I need
to get rid of.  They are located at:

http://blog.mark.noakes.com/blog/TFSubSeat

Along with the pictures, please consider the following:

 This seat assembly is very rough and will require more what I would consider
reconstruction than restoration.

 The frame appears good on the left side seat component.  The tracks are
intact; one seems to work; the other appears to be jammed.

 The frame is not very good on the jump seat component.  One end of one tube
is rusted away for about 2 inches...approx.  It doesn't appear to be bent but
some of the hardware that holds it together is missing.  I would consider this
piece more for parts than anything, but someone might be able to bring it back
to life.

 All cushions on both seats will have to be stripped to bare metal and
completely redone--burlap, cotton, foam, and upholstery--none of it is
salvageable.

 While the metal springs/structure appears to be ok, I can't guarantee that
they won't need major rework...in fact, I would suspect that it will need at
least some spring work.

That's as honestly as I know how to represent this seat assembly.  Why am I
getting rid of it?  It came as part of a set with second and third seats for my
Suburban; however I already have an excellent front seat for mine and don't
need this one.

A handful of people have already expressed interest in this seat.  Will those
please review condition via the pictures and get back to me?  I'll give
priority per the order that you inquired.

In a weak moment, I told someone $40 plus shipping, but I guess it's more
important to get this seat to someone who might use it rather than just let it
decay further.  Shipping could easily go $100 or more depending on where you
live...I'm in Knoxville TN.  Of course, you're welcome to pick it up as well.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Mark Noakes

New Section: parts for sale (note: location = Knoxville, TN)

Personal, hobby, enthusiast vehicles, work/school, nature/travel/art
photography located at:

http://blog.mark.noakes.com/

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice
there is usually a difference."