[oletrucks] Fuel Sending Unit

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Fuel Sending Unit
From: Mark Mintmier <tenisguy@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 20:12:27 -0400
I'm finally making some progress with the build up of my 1950 Chevy
3100, and with the nicer weather supposedly finally on it's way here in
Pennsylvania, I'm looking forward to getting to work on the truck.
Several months ago, there was a thread here about gas tanks for our
trucks.  I didn't like the thought of spending $400 on a custom gas
tank, so I took a chance on someone's suggestion of getting a military
surplus Blazer gas tank from Coleman's Surplus.  The tank is a never
used 27 gallon diesel tank and cost me less than $40 including
shipping.  I'm basically figuring this out as I go, so I've had to ask a
lot of stupid questions along the way.  Here's the latest: what do I
need to get the gas from the tank to the engine?  What kind of a sending
unit should I be looking for?  If anyone can provide any
recommendations, I would greatly appreciate it.  I have a 350 engine
with a carburetor, and it's already set up for an electric fuel pump
(that I don't have yet).  And it will be some time from now, but I'm
also planning on using Dakota Digital gauges, if that matters.

Thanks much.
Mark Mintmier