[oletrucks] 350 Turbo dip stick

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 350 Turbo dip stick
From: "Tom C." <c_tom@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 21:52:39 -0400
I have a 350 Turbo tranny in my 55 2nd. I seem to be having a problem with
the "O" ring leaking around the dip stick. I have replaced it at least 2
times but it keeps leaking. I put an "O" ring it and cranked it up. I let it
run for a few minutes and then shut it off, no leaks, great. The truck sat
for a few weeks with no leaks , then all of a sudden I start seeing tranny
fluid on my garage floor, and a lot of it.

My question is is there a seal made that is better than the "O" ring. A
frind told me about a retro kit, or retro seal that would stop it. Anyone
ever heard of such a thing?

                Thanks for the help,
                        Tom
                        55 2nd