[oletrucks] Gas Gauge Diagnosis

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Gas Gauge Diagnosis
From: Mikecdk@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 09:23:31 EDT
Folks,

Hoping someone has some ideas about the gauge on my 66 1/2 ton...just  got it
on the road again after winter storage and the gas gauge wasn't  registering.

I cleaned the ground wires...still nothing....sending unit was new last  year
and worked fine.

Next I checked for current at the sending unit, nothing there....so I
checked a the fuse box where that wire connects...here's the strange part.

When I touch the test light on any other fuse it lights nice and
bright...when I hit the connector for the gas gauge, it barely lights at all
and  is very
dim...so, I have a weak current at the fuse box, and none to the sending
unit.

Any thoughts?

Mike