Re: [oletrucks] Body Work

To: Oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Body Work
From: The Botelers <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:42:12 -0400
This is very timely...I am about to paint my fire truck.  I have ALL of the
metal sandblaster and was told by my paint supplier that I didn't need to
etch prime, I only need to put 3 coats of Urethane Primer over the bare
metal, then sand with 320, then Seal and then top coat with single stage
Urethane.

Anyone think this is wrong?  I'm just following instructions.  The supplier
is also a painter by night, he does car restorations and custom graphics on
motorcycle fenders/tanks.

With the HIGH cost of paint I only want to do this one time and I don't need
it to be a museum piece.  I just want it one solid color so I can drive it.

Thanks for any input!

Mike Boteler
'56 4400 Stake
'56 6400 Stake