[oletrucks] T-shirts

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] T-shirts
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:07:10 -0400
Folks,
  Carl e-mailed me wondering if I had plans to do another run of the
oletruck t-shirts this year. We've generally done this every other year,
last time was spring of 2003 so guess its time. I dug through and found
that the entire group order about 200 shirts and heard of no problems so it
was a smooth process. Quality of the shirts were great as I heard no
complaints, they will be white short sleeve.  Although the logistics of the
entire process, not being used to this type of things, I learned a lot. I
called the shop that did it last time and they still have the artwork and
can do the job for roughly the same price as before. Can ya believe that,
hasn't increased 25% within 2 years. I found it easiest to ship all the
shirts in a priority mail envelope, which cost 3.85 for the small, med and
larges, but a bit more for the larger shirts as they weighed a tad more. I
averaged the shipping to be 4 dollars per shirt. Price of shirts are
7-small, 8 for med,large and XL, 9 for the XXL and XXXL. Had no lost
shipments and only had a couple snags that were quickly remedied.
    We've had debates every time regarding the logo, some complained it
didn't have their particular year of truck but the original designers of
the oletrucks logo dig a very decent job of trying to capture the purpose
of the group. I know Pee-wee submitted a few drawing and he was the only
one. I did check on getting them screen printed but they would require a
more expensive process as what we have is spot color with no processed
color to be done. To go the other route the shirts would not be as cost
effective. So I know the artwork dilemma will crop up but please try to
understand why it is the way it is....
     The only other issue was some thought the design should be on the
front of the shirt instead of the back. The original reason for the back
design was if you were at an event and had your head in the window or over
the fender lookin' at the engine, the design would still be seen. Although
i've worn my shirts so much folks think they are the only t-shirts i own
and have never ran into this. I'll put up a form and will make this a
voting type of thing, please mark on the form if you prefer the artwork on
the front or back and we'll go with the majority. That sound fair?? One
other thing we did, we had a member at that time who was in Iraq and a
shirt was sent there. Our shirts were shipped to France, Netherlands and
virtually all over the US.
      The form at this stage will only be to get an idea of how many folks
are interested. I'll give folks through next week to complete and we'll go
from there. If enough I'll put up the binding form as I don't want to have
a stockpile of these shirts and will order only what is needed with only 2
extra of each size to accommodate any unseen events. I set an order cutoff
date and posted to the list daily till that date arrived. After placing
the  order I asked that the funds be sent to me so not to have to fund
myself. I didn't hear one single complaint last time so I assure you the
process will be just as smooth. Don't fill our this preliminary form if you
positively have no interest.  The link to this form is
http://www.chevytrucks.org/t-shirt.htm
Photos of the shirts and logo can be see in the links below..
http://www.chevytrucks.org/temp/oletruckslogo.jpg
http://www.chevytrucks.org/temp/t-shirt.jpg

--wayne

Wayne Osborne