[oletrucks] 57 1/2 Ton.

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 57 1/2 Ton.
From: Ralph Todd <ralphctodd@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:14:16 -0700 (PDT)
I can appreciate you all's comments to Don about getting bummed out.  I bought
a 57 about a month
ago to fix up, since I got it home, I started finding more rust than I counted
on. I also got a
little bummed out, but have decided to stay with it.  I'll end up doing the
floor boards, door
bottoms, and front fenders.  I am going to replace these with patch pannels
where possible.

My questions for you all is, are the doors worth allot of rebuilding or is it
better to try and
buy door shells at $419 each.  I really want to fix this truck as good looking
daily ride.  No
hurry.  Work on it as time and money is available.

I really love these old trucks.  I learned how to drive on a 54 chevy.  They
will allways have
warm spot in me.

Any direction is appreciated.

Thanks,