[oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #2453

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, <ldfinley@juno.com>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #2453
From: <Dennis.McGillis@mcgilliscompany.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 13:48:24 -0700
I found a 3.8 liter V6 out of a 1994 Pontiac Bonneville
that is currently still in the vehicle and running well.  I've heard good
things about these engines.  Would this make a good replacement for the
216 I currently am running in my 3100?  I would try to mate it up with a
TH350 or 450, or even an R700 series tranny.
Larry
1951 3100
OKC OK

****

Hey Larry,

Have you thought about using the entire powertrain from the Pontiac?

Engine, trans, differential, power steering, disk brakes, etc?  If the
dimensions work you just might start a new trend in front wheel drive
AD trucks!  That engine is also available supercharged for more grunt.

Dennis