[oletrucks] Re: Rodding Time III

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Rodding Time III
From: Leon Corley <lcorley@ticnet.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 07:15:22 -0500
I believe that 94 pontiac is a front wheel drive.
If so, its essentially a nogo.
The block will have different mounting provisions.
If its a RWD, then it should be essentially no harder than retrofitting
any other v-6 or v-8.
Any of the vendors can help with engine cradle and trans mounts.
turbo city can help with the engine management system.
Or you could convert the 3.8 to carb and mechanical ignition.

Unless there's something special about this engine, you could save
yourself some research work by not thinking quite so far outside the box.
A Chevy 4.3 v-6 is so much like the small block v-8 the all mounting and
accessories are interchangeable.
The Chevy v-8 retrofit into the AD trucks is a well traveled road.

regards,
Leon