Re: [oletrucks] Brakes

To: K50Chevy@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Brakes
From: Jim Nordwall <jimnordwall@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 14:34:38 -0700 (PDT)
The proprtioning valve from a 69 Camero would be my
choice. When I modified my truck, I used 74 Firebird
front clip and proportioning valve. The rear end is
from a 65 Nova. The master clylinder and booster are
from an 80 something Buick. The setup works really
smooth, even when I nail the brakes.  I would be
willing to bet that without a proportioning valve, the
rear brakes will do most of the work. Normally, the
front brakes do most of the work and the rear brakes
keep you from going sideways (just like on a
motorcycle).

--- K50Chevy@aol.com wrote:
> I'm pluming brake lines on my 50 p/u. My question
> is, if I use the residual
> check valves for the front and rear do I need to put
> an adjustable
> proportioning  valve in? I have 69 camaro front disc
> clip with a 66 nova drum rear, nova
> master  cylinder and booster, but I'm not running a
> proportioning valve.
> Anybody run  disc/drum with residual check valves
> with out a proportioning valve?
> If so what  were your results?  Thanks, Ken

Jim Nordwall