Re: [oletrucks] altenators polished?

To: Luke Zsiga <zigga50@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] altenators polished?
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 13:00:25 -0400
Although aluminum will dissipate the heat better but the cooling is provide
by the fan on the front. I've been running a chrome alternator for over 5
years now, I live in Ga and believe me, it gets a bit on the hot side
around here during summer and have never had a failure. Polished aluminum
looks beautiful when maintained so if you go this route be prepared for it
to loose its shiny appearance over a couple months, you'll have to use
products such as Mothers Polish to shine it back up and this will be a
continuous effort to keep it looking great. I bought polished aluminum
wheels and didn't take long for me to replace them due to the required
maintenance. I'm not saying you dad is wrong and you shouldn't use his
advice, it's just my opinions from experience--wayne