[oletrucks] what is this part

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] what is this part
From: "Williams Grant Civ Det 2, 412 AMXS/MXA2T"
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:20:59 +0100
Thanks to every one that relied on this. I had some pretty interesting
answers/suggestions.  The correct answer came from Rick Wagner explaining
how it is used on his GMC. Thanks Rick and thanks to Wayne for posting the
picture. The part is one of two "brackets that go down between the sections
of the front inner splash pan or apron for a GMC truck. They actually
connect between the sections of the apron and then go back and bolt between
the inner fender and the radiator core support unit near the bottom".

Another Chevy owner, Leon Corely wrote, "It looks similar to the bracket
that holds the bottom radiator pan on my 53 Chevy. On the Chevy, though,
this bracket is welded to the pan. It connects between the core support and
the inner fenders on either side, and supports the rear of the radiator pan.
What I'm calling the radiator pan is the piece of sheet metal that keeps air
going in the grille from leaking out the bottom and instead helps to force
it through the radiator. Thanks Leon.

Grant Williams