[oletrucks] Fuel and Brake Lines

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Fuel and Brake Lines
From: Mark Mintmier <tenisguy@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 20:59:48 -0400
I'm about ready to plumb the fuel and brake lines on my 1950, and I have
a couple more stupid questions.  First and foremost, what do I need?  I
have a carbureted 350 engine and a Blazer gas tank mounted in the rear
of the frame.  I can mostly figure out the lengths, but what size tubing
is recommended?  I think I want stainless steel unless there is a good
reason to go with something else.  What fittings and other components
will I need?  To make it even simpler, what should I ask for when I walk
into my friendly local auto parts store to make sure I get everything I
need?  Of course I'll be trying my hand at bending and flaring the
tubing myself, so if anyone can recommend good tools for the job, that
would be good information as well.  I've never done anything like this
before, but it seems that I've been able to say that before nearly every
stage of my project, and somehow I'm still making progress.

Thanks,
Mark
1950 3100