RE: [oletrucks] Fuel and Brake Lines

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Fuel and Brake Lines
From: "Bob Chansler" <rchansl@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 08:00:24 -0600
Mark,
I just finished plumbing the brakes on my 49 burb. I havent pressure
tested it yet so I cant say yet if I did a good job. I chose to use the
standard steel tubing. It's hard enough as Bill mentions to get a good
flare on mild steel; I imagine it would be a real bear on stainless. I
bought all the fittings and a roll of tubing from Inline tube along with
a tube bender and a flare tool. I agree with Bill tht those cheap
benders can be a challenge to get a good flare. You can actually borrow
the same flaring tool from Autozone and don't have to buy it.
3/16 inch tubing is pretty standard for brake lines. Give the guys at
Inline Tube or Classic Tube a call and they should be able to advize you
about the best sizes etc for your needs.
Bob Chansler
Mead, CO