[oletrucks] Is this fraud?

To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Is this fraud?
From: "Alain Leclerc" <al69leclerc@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:47:44 -0500
I listed my truck for sale on ChevyTrucks.org and got this guy e-mailing me
about it, asked me to send pics and pricing... apparently for "his client".
He sent me this back... I remember reading at one point a warning on here
about offers like this...  What do you think?  If this is a fraud, what can
I do to get him?

Hello Alain,

        I really appreciate your timely responce. The price for the truck is
okay by me and client. i will instuct my Personal assitant presently in
States to send you payment for the truck and shipment.

I will tell him to sent to $4,000CDN for the truck and rest for the shipment
in your location to my place.
You will deposit the check as soon as you recieve it and after the bank
confirm the funds to your account you will now split the funds by removing
the selling price for the truck and wire the rest to My shipping company so
that they can come for the pickup.

We needed your full name on the check payment and your contact address where
the check will be sent to and also your phone number where i can reach you
for more details.

Expecting your soonest responce.

Regards,

Fred.