Re: [oletrucks] Is this fraud?

To: "Alain Leclerc" <al69leclerc@hotmail.com>, old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Is this fraud?
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:48:45 -0400
Alain,
   Your very keen before biting on this one. This scam is one of the
hottest ones going now, on the ad submission page for
http://www.chevytrucks.org after you click submit - another page pops up
confirming your ad, in that page is a warning on this exact same type of
scam, although very minor differences, its still the same. The scammers
basically send you a bogus or forged money order from a foreign country,
you deposit in your account and supposed to forward the shipping cost to a
"company" - their partners. So you deposit this money order, cashiers check
and your bank after a couple days will credit your account. You would
remove the shipping amount and forward to his partner and couple weeks
later the bank figures out the check is forged and not payable. Then they
want you to pay back the monies you removed and sent for shipping.
   --wayne