RE: [oletrucks] tire failure

To: <bmdumkee@auroranet.nt.ca>, "Old Trucks List"
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] tire failure
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 20:42:51 -0500
I have almost the same story.  Put a set of name brand radials on my
everyday driver in 1998.  In 2004 (with less than 30K miles and with a
lot of tread left) I had the tires removed to paint the wheels.  While
re-inflating after the paint job the first one blew out a sidewall.  I
dumped the other 4 and got a new set.