[oletrucks] Wayne came home on a rollback

To: <oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net>, <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Subject: [oletrucks] Wayne came home on a rollback
From: <Dennis.McGillis@mcgilliscompany.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:29:04 -0700
Hi Wayne,

First and easiest thing is to pull the distributor and check the condition of
the drive gear.  Failure there can produce your symptoms.
Good luck, we all hope it is something minor!

Dennis McGillis
Dennis.McGillis@mcgilliscompany.com
www.mcgilliscompany.com

********
...I left work and after getting into 2cd gear something happened as the
engine made a strange noise--happened so quick I can't recall exactly what it
sounded like.
...all I got was poof out of the carb so this leads me to believe it jumped
timing.
...#1 is TDC using the above info, the rotor is pointing toward the #4 plug
wire location.