[oletrucks] need advice

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] need advice
From: "John Howard" <johnhoward37@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 13:53:11 -0700
I recently installed a ballast resistor ...supposedly this will save my
points from burning out...I changed over from 6 volt to 12 volt..
Here is my questions.

1.  I was told that if I purchased a 12 volt coil with a
    internal resistor built in then I would not need this inline resistor?
2.  This resistor that I installed looks awful flimsy  and seems
     very light duty...Can any one suggest any thing heavier?
     Do they frequently burn out?
                        thanks in advance...john