[oletrucks] Tow Vehicle FS - Loaded Suburban 35k miles, $16.5k - like ne

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Tow Vehicle FS - Loaded Suburban 35k miles, $16.5k - like new!
From: "Kevin Brown" <mgtrautoxr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 20:12:54 -0500
Sorry if this doesn't quite meet the requirements of the list.  It is
a good Chevy truck that I have used to pick up my '51 3100, '49 3600
wrecker and '50s GMC so it is sort of list related.  If not I apologize.

One more shot at this, the details are below - I waited too long to
sell this, I don't need two Suburbans & need to sell soon to get my
sales tax back.  This is a great vehicle that is completely loaded
that has only 34,900 highway miles on it.  Only $16,500 - the only
catch is that I need the money in hand (or at least a substantial
deposit) by Tuesday or CarMax gets it.  I would rather someone I knew
get the benifit from this truck rather than CarMax making a bunch of
money on it.  Here are the details that I posted last June:

If anybody is interested I have an excellent '01 Suburban for sale.
This is what I had been using as my tow vehicle (before buying the
pickup) and family trip vehicle.  It only has 34,800 miles on it and
is in excellent condition inside and out.  It is an LS model with the
5.3 liter V8, 3.73 locking rear axle and electronic push button
4-wheel drive.  It is loaded with leather front driver and passenger
heated 8-way power seats, 8 passenger seating (with memory on the
driver seat), heated outside rear view mirrors, CD player and
cassette, automatic dimming rear view mirror with temperature and
compass, rear air and rear heat (kept everybody nice and cool when
driving through 116 degree heat a few years ago), On Star, factory tow
package (including engine and transmission oil coolers), tow/ haul
mode on the transmission, auto leveling rear hydraulic shocks, etc.
This vehicle is extremely comfortable, I have taken several trips
where we have driven 800 miles in a day with my wife and three kids
and it is so comfortable I'm not even stiff after driving 12 hours.
We bought it new and it has never been in an accident, there aren't
even any door dings on it!  I always figured I would keep this for a
long time so I've always run Mobile 1 in it since I first carefully
broke it in and I've put in synthetic lubricants in the transmission
and rear axle.  There has never been anything wrong with this vehicle
- it is the only new vehicle I have ever owned that has never been
back to the dealer for any reason.  We only used this for trips and
some towing to autocrosses so it has never been a daily driver and
since we live out of town almost all of the miles are on the highways.
I have all of the original paperwork including the window sticker,
owner's manual, original build sheet (from GM's intranet) and even
dealer brochure from when we bought it.  Here is a link to a few
pictures and the window sticker:
http://home.sprintmail.com/~mgtrautoxr/id12.html

Since this is a half ton Suburban it would work as well for pulling a
huge enclosed trailer, but for pulling anything on a flat bed trailer
and a smaller enclosed trailer it works great, plus it is such a good
vehicle for traveling if you have kids.  Since it is a half ton it
rides very well (much better than a pickup) and turns fairly sharp
(sharper than my '96 Tahoe did).  My wife drives an Olds Alero and the
first time she got in it she couldn't believe how well it drove, she
thinks it drives better than her car.  Even though the window sticker
shows 16mpg on the highway we general ran around 17 when we weren't
towing, sometimes as high as 19 when running through Iowa and
Wisconsin (where the speed limits are lower).  The only reason we are
selling this (and we really debated over it since like it so much) is
because we had bought a large 30 foot travel trailer and felt we
needed a 3/4 ton for camping we were in the mountains out west.  We
ended up buying a used '05 3/4 ton Suburban so we weren't able to
trade this one in.  I just put an ad in the local paper for this
weekend, I though I would post here so that somebody in the autocross
community could benefit from all of the care I put in to this vehicle.

We are asking $22,000 but would listen to any offers.  A new one like
this stickers for about $50,000 and is going for about $42,000 with
the sale GM currently has going on.  At under 35,000 this is just well
broken in and is in like new condition.

If interested email me or give me a call at 816-588-5105.  We are
located in Odessa, MO (about 35 miles east of Kansas City on I-70).

Kevin Brown