[oletrucks] Generator vs Alternator

To: "old trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Generator vs Alternator
From: "Mark Treutelaar" <phoneman@ticon.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 08:36:54 -0500
Hi I have a 55 second series Chevy truck. Im thinking about installing a new
wiring harness . Has anyone installed an alternator on their 235 . I have the
generator still and before I buy the wiring harness it would be a good idea to
know wheter it would be better to install an alternator instead because each
harness is different. . If I was to install an alternator would I need a new
bracket as well. If I would install AC Im sure I would need a new bracket .
How do you find or size up a belt after installing a new alternator ? Thanks
for all your help  Mark Treutelaar