Re: [oletrucks] AD Cab Bracket

To: Mark Mintmier <tenisguy@gte.net>, old trucks
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] AD Cab Bracket
From: Jim Nordwall <jimnordwall@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 21:34:33 -0700 (PDT)
By design, this piece is only used on the drivers
side.  My guess is that it is to allow clearance for
the dimmer switch. The inner fender will bolt to the
totoeboardithout the piece, but, the dimmer switch
terminals will hit the inner fender. I'll bet the
spacer is used on the right side of AuAustralianrucks.

Jim NoNordwall1950 3100

--- Mark MiMintmiertetenisguytgteet> wrote:

> I'm working on the cab for my 1950 Chevy 3100 (the
> cab is from a 1952),
> and I noticed that I'm missing a bracket that seems
> like it might be
> important.  On the front of the totoeboardelow the
> firewall, there is a
> metal bracket that runs along the corner of the
> totoeboardnd bolts to
> the front of the rocker panel.  I have the bracket
> on the driver's side,
> but the one from the passenger's side is missing.
> The bracket has three
> captive nuts, so it seems fairly important.  My
> guess is that the inner
> fender bolts to this bracket, but this cab is not
> original to my truck,
> and it's been so long since I tore my truck apart,
> that I don't really
> remember what bolted to this piece.  Does anybody
> know what I'm talking
> about?  (If necessary, I could provide a picture of
> the driver's side.)
> Is this a piece that I need or can I do without it?
> Does anyone have
> one that they would be willing to part with?  I
> can't find this piece in
> the catalog from suppliers like Chevy Duty or Jim
> Carter.
>
> Thanks for any help.
> Mark

Jim Nordwall