Re: [oletrucks] Crate Motor Installation

To: Dennis.McGillis@mcgilliscompany.com, oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Crate Motor Installation
From: "K Ohlgren" <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:41:02 +0000
sounds like your problem is with the accessories? the motor probably came
with a long water pump, if you swap it out for a short water pump everything
should bolt in with the stock mounts. carcraft installed a GMPP motor in a
65 and had similar problems that were fixed with a new waterpump
http://www.carcraft.com/howto/56398/ read the article. I'm currently
fabricating new brackets for my crate motor, I feel your pain. acces
brackets are pricey for the stamped metal ones and ludicris priced for
anything else.

Kurt
58 3100 Apache project
the "Duracell Project" it keeps going... and going...

>From: <Dennis.McGillis@mcgilliscompany.com>
>To: "K Ohlgren" <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>, <oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Crate Motor Installation
>Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 10:38:49 -0700
>
>Hi Kurt,
>This new GMPP 350 crate motor is going in my '65 Chevelle but the accessory
>mounting problems would be the same if it was going into my '55 Cameo.  I
>visited Danchuk yesterday www.danchuk.com (they do 55-57 Chevy and Chevelle
>parts) and found aftermarket brackets which look like they will cure the
>problem.  I'll know for sure when I start assembling it.
>Thanks,
>Dennis

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!