Re: [oletrucks] Crate Motor Installation

To: "Bob Chansler" <rchansl@attglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Crate Motor Installation
From: "K M Lehmann" <klehmann@bentonrea.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:03:55 -0700
I think you will find that the short water pump system as used on the up to
'72 trucks is the best to use in your AD's. Even though the V/8 block is
shorter it must be moved forward approx 3" for firewall clearance especially
if you use the HEI dist. On the front the waterpump and fan assembly take up
more forward room so you used up most of your extra room. On my '54 the fan
came out the same distance from the radiator as the 6 using the stock '68
assembly and the dist clears the firewall about an inch, if I had used the
long pump system I would have had to move the radiator or modified the
firewall. The '57 thru '72 steering system also works well in the AD.