[oletrucks] How to remove the shift tube from an early 70's GM column sh

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] How to remove the shift tube from an early 70's GM column shift
From: "Mike Sergesketter" <mserges@psci.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 21:19:08 -0500
I am doing some repairs to my GM steering column to be used in my 57 chevy
pickup.  it is a column shift tilt column from an early 70's chevy van.  I
need to remove the shift tube to do some repairs, but it is being held in by a
wavy looking washer.  The column shift jacket seems to be held on by the wavy
washer, and this is preventing me from removing the shift tube from the column
tube.  Anybody ever torn one of these down?  what is the trick for removing
the tube?

Any help appreciated!!!!

Thanks, Mike