[oletrucks] S-10 frame swap

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] S-10 frame swap
From: "Dennis Larson" <DLLarson1@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:43:03 -0700
I got a nice reply from the owner of AD-Engineering today about the S10 frame
swap kit.

The shortbed extended cab frame will work but you will have to cut it at the
factory seam, broke the two halves apart, cut out five inces and weld it back
together.  This is a hell of a lot of work and takes away from the simplicity
that our kit is supposed to provide.

Your best bet is to look for a 1982-87 longbed standard cab 2WD S10 frame.
You should be able to use up to 1993 when the body style changed.  The frames
are very similar but we cannot guarantee our kit will fit the later body style
S10.  The earlier years are also cheaper and have less stuff to get in the way
like ABS and smog items.

If you are going to use the S10 rear axle ask the wrecking yard to swap out
the axle for a 4WD S10 rear axle.  The 4WD axle is wider and will fit better.

If you have anymore questions, fire away.  We are a small company but I am the
owner and I respond to ALL emails personally.

Robert Hertz
Owner
AD-Engineering
Advanced-Design Engineering