RE: [oletrucks] more on the van column

To: "'J Forbes'" <jforbspam@fastmail.fm>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] more on the van column
From: "Bob Chansler" <rchansl@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 13:18:13 -0600
If nothing else, this shows me I should be using a steering column from
a van. It appears that there is no key and the bowl is MUCH shorter than
from a car. I have a 74 Monte Carlo column and I had to cut off the bowl
below the shifter to even attach it under the dash in my 49 Burb. So
what years and models of vehicles are good to get the columns from? I
think my column is about 32 or 33 inches long.
Thx,
Bob Chansler