[oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #2572

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #2572
From: Larry Bearfield <larry@fernscountrystore.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:39:23 -0500
> Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 19:07:02 -0600
> From: "Mark Treutelaar" <phoneman@ticon.net>
> Subject: [oletrucks] grommets
>
> Hi  I need the Inner fender grommets   for a 1955 chevy truck 2nd
> series .
> Anyone know a good source ??  What is   large hole at the bottom of
> the inner
> fender (over 1" in size )  for ??  The other large hole in the inner
> fender
> (over 1" )  Im sure is for the headlights correct??   Chevy dutty as
> sent me a
> 1/2 "  in grommett twice so far when I requested an Inner fender
> grommett.
> They do not know what the hole is near the bottom of the inner fender
> . Please
> help if you can   Thanks

Mark,

I had a heck of a time with grommets when I was doing the rewire on my
56...
I sent for the complete grommet kit and while some fit, others weren't
even close... especially
the ones on the inner fender where the headlight wires fed through.
I ended up using various grommets from JC Whitney, my local parts guy,
etc. For the headlight
holes I cut thin rubber tubing and sliced one side and epoxied it
around the hole. Works fine.
Of course, if you're doing a for real restoration then you may need to
do otherwise.

Good luck!

Larry

Larry Bearfield